I finished row 63 today. Here's one of my (trademarked) Lousy Photographs.
I pinned it out on a folded bedsheet on the carpet, and there was a wrinkle in the sheet, which accounts for some of the visual distortions. (This shawl is going to be an amazing thing to block out.)
I've had a push on this in the past weeks, because I decided I wanted to finish the first page of the border charts (1 of 3) before going on vacation. (Which starts in 12 days, 5 hours, 54 minutes, 47:23:54 seconds -- but who's counting?) That took me to row 62, and then I decided -- for luck or something -- to do row 63. I won't work on it til I'm back, and I'm actually looking forward to taking the break.
I did find that it isn't always easy getting the stitches moved along the needle over the join between the cable and the needle. This is particularly true in the rows with the double overs, but I also had a few problems in some of the rows where there's a lot of plain knitting. Odd, that one.
Oh yea. I made on small alteration to the pattern. (Quelle surprise?) When working the double overs, Sharon has you work 1 or 2 of them as single overs. This is to accomodate the stitch count, and the difference between working a pattern requiring an even number of sitiches in a space where there is normally an odd number of stitches.* I was bothered by these single overs, and was plotting how to work them as double overs and adjust the stitch count as I went so all would work out in the end. Then I saw that Sharon has already dealt with this and drawn a suitable chart on page 162 of "Heirloom Knitting", so I just plugged that into the Princess chart.
* Um, well, that's it more or less. Somebody is going to leave a comment telling me I've got that a little bit wrong, and they're right. But if I spelled it all out, somebody's head might explode and we'd be in really big trouble.