Here I am, still creeping along slowly and steadily towards 85 repeats. I will finish 80 (8 rows to go!) today or perhaps tomorrow, but as I've mentioned, I've temporarily taken leave of my senses and have started working on a modularly knit sweater to enter in a guild show.
Oddly enough, this timing worked out remarkably well. If you recall, Jean suggested taking a break from the edging before coming to the end of the 85 repeats, and I think that was an excellent suggestion. I took a full break for three or four days whilst I swatched and began working on the sweater, and now I'm working on the edging for a little bit first thing in the morning when I am fresh and the light is good. Once I've made some substantial progress on the sweater, I'll be at the point where I can think about starting the next stage of the Princess Shawl.
However, one of the things I've been doing in the last week is checking out the stats for our site -- I end up curious to find out what search terms people are using that lead them to us. I'll bet you're curious too, so I'll share with you what brought people our way this week:
- crappy yarn
- Rodin the gates of hell
- knitting tours of Scotland
- horse lace knit
- princess anne useful things she did (NOTE: we sit in the number one spot for this search!)
- shetland lace shawl Hazel Carter
- waste yarn cast on
- circular needle instructions kinks
- nothin but a t shirt
- princess diaries soundtrack (oh, I think we should have one. Just imagine it! You're a little bit country -- if, say, the country were, oh, 18thc Germany? -- and I'm a little bit rock 'n' roll)
- christening shawl knit pattern
- princess diaries shawl
- the princess shawl blog ("THE" princess shawl blog!)
- gnomewatch (and I thank whomever searched for that, because I now understand the Evils of International Gnomery. Gonna have to keep an eye on those gnomes, I tell you...)
Apart from that, I have news. But I will share the news in a future post. Suffice it to say that a Very Small Package arrived in my post box today.