The original sweater, "Bob", from a pattern at knitty.com. I loved the yarn (Rowan Calmer), but hated the neckline, and never wore it. I'd pulled it out to think about how to fix/change the neckline, when the pattern for the tee at Magknits appeared.
I made the decision to rip out the original sweater. I have to confess, that this decision was made easier when I checked out what the yarn, Rowan Calmer, costs here in Canada. I'm far to frugal to let anything go to waste, and the original sweater, unworn, was definitely a waste of my time and money. Nothing wrong with the sweater, except that the neckline didn't suit me.
Ripping out was easier than I'd expected. Skeining was a bit of a pain, but mostly it just required time and patience.
Rowan recommends washing garments made with Calmer in soap flakes, so that's what I did with the yarn. Once dried, I put it back into balls.
And voila, the finished Tee. I'm really happy with this sweater. It fits well, and the neckline is much more suited to me. I would gladly make this one again!